Monday, November 10, 2008

Somewhere within the lights..

... there is the history of us.
when looking back i always saw two lights, and I'm not sure which burned out first.

The lights used to glow flawlessly, vivid, and benevolent
but for whatever reason you have decided to cover the glow.

I always have the natural light to guide me,
and truth be told i prefer its company these days.

Who knows who holds the switch,
or who may replace the fuse...

My ego bets it wont be me, and your triteness bets it wont be you.

With winter coming and the cool air to follow,
Ill hold on to my natural light and the consuming fire...
For what comforts better than Gods natural radiance,
and the peacefulness of burning memories...

The future stings as it enters through my fingertips,
and succeeds my soul...
I have a feeling this fire holds bittersweet beginnings,
but I'm trying to not give away the ending...

1 comment:

play/no play said...

j.

thanks for adding my blog! i just discovered yours and i look forward to reading all the fine words...

do we know each other or is this simply serendipity at work?

keep it up.

s.