Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Futures made and fortunes lost...

So midterms are approaching rather too quickly i feel...

I have so much homework/studying I'm not sure where even to begin. (and yet here I am waisting time)

Sometimes i CANT WAIT to graduate college (Ive been here four years & still have about three left) but then the thought of having to get out and face the real world scares me to death. It scares me to think that all these years of sitting in a classroom and all the hours spent studying/reading/researching.. all the thousands of dollars spent on a mediocre education would leave me on the footsteps of a job making 8 bucks an hour... which is very plausible since I'm a Journalism major, ha ha.

What if i don't enjoy my job? What if i don't make enough income to support myself and have to resort to waiting tables the rest of my life? (Lord, i really hope not)

The only thing i know i want to be in this life is a mother and a good wife, the only thing I'm sure that i will be good at and succeed in is raising/having a family... I long for the day when i can hear my kids laughing and running and playing, that unblemished beautiful sound of innocence...I know it sounds old fashion and maybe a little politically incorrect but i honestly feel that mothering is the job i was put on this Earth to do...

In the end i guess it doesn't matter what job I have or how much money I can rack up in my bank account because at the end of my life I want the thing that I am most remembered for to be my children, my family, my relationship with my husband, and the memories i have given to the people i love and am surrounded by...

I want my career to by something i spend my entire life on, something that has benefits beyond any materialistic item, something that glorifies God and the beauty of this world...

I want my career to be my life.

No comments: